Bastille Day Quiz
In France, Bastille Day is celebrated to commemorate a historic event known as
'the storming of the Bastille.'
You can read about it on our Bastille Day page.
1. In which year did the storming of the Bastille take place?
11. How many prisoners were found locked in the Bastille when it was stormed?
7 sept 70 soixante-dix
15. On Bastille Day, there are celebrations throughout France. It is a national holiday known as -
les Grandes Vacances
16. On Bastille Day, you will often see the flag of France. The flag is known as -
le chapeau tricolore
17. On Bastille Day, you will often hear the national anthem of France. It is known as -
20. Which female character is a symbol of France?
Elle s'appelle -
21. At the time of the storming of the Bastille, the people of France were divided into three classes. They were: the aristocracy, the clergy and the commoners. The name for these three categories was -
les trois ordres
22. On Bastille Day there are lots of feux d'artifice.
What are les feux d'artifice?
FIN DU JEU
VIVE LA FRANCE!